The commitments and actions of Grenoble Alpes Isère Airport and the VINCI Airports network
Airport Carbon Accreditation (ACA)
On 4th December 2016 Grenoble Alpes Isère Airport received its first ACA accreditation, which will be renewed each year.
Airport Carbon Accreditation is the only institutional certification programme in airport carbon emissions management. It recognises and certifies the initiatives taken by airports in carbon emission management and reduction, and has 4 levels of accreditation: mapping, reduction, optimisation and neutrality.
Level 1, ‘Mapping’, comprises the evaluation of the carbon footprint and an external audit of data.
This accreditation reflects the commitment taken by VINCI Airports to certify all of the airports in the group with the Airport Carbon Accreditation (ACA).
VINCI Airports’ Commitments
VINCI Airports was the first in the sector to implement a global environmental strategy called Airpact which fixes pledges for sustainable development for 2020.
The objectives fixed in 2015 for the VINCI network are:
Grenoble Alpes Isère Airport’s commitments
To protect the environment and to preserve biodiversity on the site, Grenoble Alpes Isère Airport has installed 4 beehives.
The Airport, a key player for employment
As a key player for employment, the VINCI network puts the accent on the wellbeing of its staff and associates and a fair distribution of the benefits of its growth. Its social commitments include:
- Social dialogue and health and safety of its staff and associates
- High quality training to gain skills and knowledge which will be recognized in the airport sector.
- Numerous possibilities of evolution and job mobility throughout the group.
- An attractive pay package with social welfare for all its staff.
The VINCI Foundation for Community Projects: socially responsible commitment
The VINCI Foundation for Community Projects was created in 2002 and supports numerous projects morally and financially with the objective of tackling all types of exclusion. It intervenes in the fight against exclusion in 4 fields:
- Access to the job market (the Foundation accompanies the protagonists who work to encourage employability and access to training for the unqualified)
- Mobility service (the Foundation supports initiatives to boost the mobility of people who are victims of social or professional exclusion)
- Housing service (the Foundation encourages the protagonists working to promote access to housing for the vulnerable)
- Support for associations (the Foundation supports associations in their work to strengthen social ties and fight against social isolation or even exclusion of its inhabitants)