Its glorious naval past, its world-renowned musical heritage, two famous football teams and much more! Revived by its success as European Capital of Culture in 2003, Liverpool is a tourist city on the up!
Capital : London
Language : English
Currency : Pound Sterling
Time difference : 1 hour, it is always one hour later in the UK than in France
Climate : Mild with regular light rainfall all year
To see and do
- Visit the Beatles Story Museum.
- Do the Yellow Duck Marine Tour to visit the city from the River Mersey.
- Stroll around Albert Dock, a unique and iconic district.
- Wander around the Pier Head district, a UNESCO world heritage site, to discover the Royal Liver Building, the Cunard Building and the Port of Liverpool Building.
- Visit both of Liverpool’s cathedrals, one, Anglican, built at the beginning of the XX century and the other, Catholic, with its surprising architecture, built at the end of the XX century.
Discover the city centre on foot or to go further afield get a Saveaway Ticket Merseytravel valid on trains and buses in the region. You can also hire bikes with City Bike.