Situated in the heart of the United Kingdom, in the West Midlands, Birmingham is the 4th most visited tourist destination in the country. Being the 2nd metropolis in the country, it started its development during the industrial revolution. Nowadays its dynamism is down to its tertiary activities.
Capital : London
Language : English
Currency : Pound Sterling
Time difference : 1 hour, it is always one hour later in the UK than in France
Climate : Mild with regular light rainfall all year
To see and do
- Discover the city on a barge, wander along the canals.
- Visit the site of the legendary Cadbury chocolate factory.
- Soak up some culture in the numerous museums, galleries and theatres…
- Enjoy some retail therapy in the historic Jewellery Quarter.
- Try a Balti, the iconic Birmingham curry.